WE ADVOCATE FOR AND SUPPORT THE MANY VOICES THAT MAKE UP THE LIVE EVENTS INDUSTRY.
WE ARE CATERERS, EVENT PLANNERS, TALENT, MUSICIANS, TECHNICIANS, FLORAL DESIGNERS, ENGINEERS, BANDS, DISK JOCKEYS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, EVENT RENTAL COMPANIES, SUPPLIERS, FREELANCERS, SPORTING EVENT TICKET TACKERS AND CONCESSION WORKERS, PRODUCTION COMPANIES & TECHNICIANS, TRANSPORTATION, EVENT VENUES, DESTINATION MANAGEMENT COMPANIES, CONVENTION CENTERS, HOTELS AND SO MUCH MORE. – WE ARE LIVE EVENTS.
We all share in some degree of nostalgia for the fun summer events being cancelled this year. We need your help to remind everyone that not only are they missing out on a good time, but that you’re experiencing financial uncertainty.
- Find a photo of you and/or your team working a popular event last summer. Please try to find an image that clearly shows people at work or wearing easily recognizable “crew” / “event staff” shirts or uniforms.
- Make the photo black and white. Most social media apps include filters that can do this, or you can adjust photos using your phone’s built-in photo app.
- Tell us why you #WishIWasThere. Write a short caption explaining what event is shown in the photo, what it means to you that you’re missing it this year and how that has affected you financially. Please include the #WishIWasThere hashtag.
- Post… and repeat. Publish your post on your favorite social media channel. If you have more stories to tell, share those, too.
Do you have media contacts?
The Live Events Coalition would love for you to represent our cause on the local and national media! Please email our Public Relations team with any opportunities you may have and we will help you with your talking points and media prep!
Do you have political contacts?
The Live Events Coalition would love to work with you to advocate to your political network! Please email the Government Relations team with any opportunities you may have!
Who should join?
Any person in the USA who is a part of the live events industry
- W2 workers
- Freelance/1099 workers
- Self employed Individuals
- Small Businesses
- Large Companies & Corporations
We are 12 Million Strong.
The Live Events Industry is:
- A very powerful contributor to the American economy, supporting more than 12 million jobs
- Delivering over $1.3 Trillion in direct and indirect economic impact in the U.S.
- Therefore delivering more than $1 Trillion in direct spending globally.
Many Americans attend live events in nearly every facet of their life, whether for business or leisure. Our workforce is essential. We are the faces behind the events that most will never even see.
We need to come together in a way that has never existed before, from every segment of the live events industry, and show our strength in numbers. Your membership adds to our strength: